Oracle has released a brand new exam for Oracle GoldenGate 12c Certified Implementation Specialist certification. Coded as 1Z1-447, it is currently available in beta version. The exam has been validated against Oracle GoldenGate 12c.
Currently the exam is available in beta version, which is a great chance to be one of the first to pass this highly anticipated exam.
But first, what is GoldenGate 12c?
Oracle GoldenGate is replication software, which is very easy to configure and deploy it in large scale environment. With the success of the previous versions of GoldenGate, the 12c version has become one of the most anticipated releases of the year. And from what we see so far, it’s most definitely worth the hype.
Both according to Oracle and independent professionals, with the introduction of the new features in Oracle GoldenGate 12c, the configuration and management of replication has become much easier. It provides support for Oracle 12c multitenant database, more secure authentication and much better performance management options. Most of these features however require the database to be at 184.108.40.206 version or above.
These are some of the most distinctive features of Oracle GoldenGate 12c:
- Replication: Coordinated Mode
- Replication: Integrated Mode
- Multitenant Support: 12c Database –
- Security: Credential store
- Security: Wallet and Master Key
- DDL Replication: Native Capture
- Installation: Using Oracle Universal Installer (OUI).
- Enhanced character set conversion
- Remote task data type support
- Enhanced timezone conversion
- CSN-based transaction filtering
- Automatic discard file creation
As Oracle GoldenGate 12c holds a huge potential, you should consider being one of the first to take the new exam. While beta exams may be tricky, the scoring is usually forgiving, so you can end up with an even better score (compared to a regular exam). The beta version of 1Z1-447 exam lasts 2.5-3 hours and costs € 43. The exam has 120-150 multiple-choice questions (depending on the version) that cover the following topics:
Oracle GoldenGate (OGG) Overview
- Describe OGG functional overview and common topologies
- Describe OGG Veridata and Management Pack functionality
- Describe the difference between real-time data integration replication and Data Manipulation Language (DML) replication
- Describe OGG components
- Create the two types of Capture processes for Oracle database
- Create the three types of Replicat processes
- Explain the difference between an Extract and Pump, and local and remote trails
- Configure OGG’s process recovery mechanism
Install and Configure OGG
- Download and Install OGG, and differentiate between various installers (zip, OUI, tar)
- Synchronize source and target databases with the Initial Load
- Prepare database for OGG CDC and check databases with OGG schema check script
- Configure OGG Replication component parameter files
- Configure the OGG Command Interface to create OGG processes
- Describe how to identify and resolve issues in heterogeneous replication, and provide appropriate solutions
- Configure OGG utilities
- Describe and compare GLOBALS versus MANAGER parameters
- Create solutions using component parameters for replication requirements
- Install OGG parameters
- Explain and identify parameters specific for non-Oracle databases
Mapping and Transformation Overview
- Implement use cases for transformation functions
- Implement macros
- Describe OGG configuration options (Data Definition Language (DDL), compression and encryption options)
- Configure OGG event actions based on use cases
- Troubleshoot conflict detection and resolution
- Configure Integrated Capture, Replicat, and deployment options
Managing and Monitoring Oracle GoldenGate
- Manage OGG command and data security
- Implement and troubleshoot OGG Monitoring
- Explain the configuration and management of the Enterprise Manager 12c plug-in
- Implement and troubleshoot OGG Veridata
Interested? Start preparing for the new Oracle GoldenGate 12c exam today. Visit ExamCollection for latest Oracle braindumps.